St George’s British International School is looking for an enthusiastic carer to join our highly motivated and experienced support team on a full-time, fixed-term, full-time basis until June 2022.
The role will be to help support the learning and progress of a nine year old boy who has language and learning needs. The Caregiver will be based at our downtown campus in the Aurelia area of the city, reporting to the Director of Student Support Services. .
- Show an active interest in the personal situation of the children in your care and promote their personal and social development
- Actively promote the social, moral and cultural ethos of the school community
- Create a supportive atmosphere by knowing and fully complying with all school policies regarding pastoral care
- Know all school health and safety policies and be proactive in ensuring the safety of all members of the school community at all times
- Promote exemplary behavior and a responsible attitude to all students at all times
- Know and act on all policies concerning the protection of children
- Ensure that all communications are handled appropriately and in a timely manner
- Be responsible for all school resources, especially those under your care, reporting damage or loss to the appropriate authority within the school
- To respond to any reasonable business request made by the principal or the NEA management team
The necessary required
- A good level of education (licence level)
- A good level of spoken and written English
- Proven ability to work with children
- A generous, patient and sociable attitude
- A high level of personal professionalism and proven ability to work in a team
- A desire to follow continuous training
- Work experience in a school setting (desirable)
- Flexible and adaptable to the varied demands of working in a world-class school environment
- Able to work independently and collaboratively within a team
- Able to work successfully under pressure, with excellent organizational skills
- Reliable and respectful
How to register
Closing date for applications Friday, February 11, 2022
Start date As soon as possible
Position reference number CCCGFX0122
Shortlisting will begin immediately after the closing date.
We reserve the right to appoint before the closing date.
Early application is strongly encouraged.
Please complete the job application form available at www.stgeorge.school.it/employment. Please send your completed application by e-mail to email@example.com, by inserting the job reference in the title of the e-mail.
In the application form, please include a statement outlining your strengths and why you would like to be considered for the position. Please do not submit resumes or send certificates or testimonials at this stage.
Please note that selection can be done through a face-to-face interview or via Skype. Shortlisted candidates will have references taken before the interview.
Offer of appointment conditional
Any offer to a successful candidate will be conditional on the following:
- Verification of identity, qualifications and professional status
- Backup control
- Receipt of at least three satisfactory references (one of which must be from your current or most recent employer). Shortlisted candidates will have references taken before the interview.
- Verification of medical fitness (filling in a medical declaration)
St George’s is an equal opportunity employer. No discrimination will be made on the basis of race, ethnic origin, religion, age, nationality, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis.