Hello Hello! This is Kristen, your host from the Dunedin Daily. Here’s what you need to know about what’s happening these days in town.
📣 Our readers love to celebrate good news! You can now shout your big announcement at the top of the Dunedin Daily newsletter. Whether it’s a grand opening, new product for sale, birthday, anniversary, engagement, wedding, or new baby, let everyone celebrate at your side! Submit your ad here.
First, today’s weather forecast:
Wet; a wandering storm pm. High: 91 Low: 79.
Congratulations to the great local businesses that make this newsletter work:
- Looking to buy or sell a house in the Dunedin area? Tammie Fraser at EXP Realty has lived in our area since 1979 and knows the rapidly changing Dunedin property market like few others. She specializes in educating and guiding sellers as well as helping first-time buyers find their dream home. For in-depth local knowledge and expertise, call Tammie at (330) 307-9538 and request a free seller’s report, or visit him here to learn more.
- Having your eavestroughs cleaned and repaired is the homeowner’s equivalent of flossing – you know it’s good for you even if it’s not something you look forward to. Friendly help: don’t delay. One Clean Gutter are local, female-owned gutter experts who can install new gutters and seamless guards or clean your existing gutters. Daily readers get 10% off – tell them Patch sent you and avoid household cavities! Visit A clean gutter today.
Want to see your business featured in this spot? Click here to start.
Here are the top three stories from today in Dunedin:
- Dunedin kindergarten teacher Megan Gascon has been praised for her dedication to teaching young children and fostering a love of learning. Gascon’s favorite thing about being an early intervention teacher is seeing them grow, saying “… I get them when they’re 3 and 4, and then you see them in 3rd or 4th grade, and they’re always coming over to hug you.” His hard work did not go unnoticed. “She’s a model employee,” said Dunedin Primary School Principal Tina Murphy. “She’s what every school should have, especially in the early childhood classrooms.” (Bay 9 News)
- The City of Dunedin is recruiting leaders for the Dunedin Parks & Rec before and after school programs. They offer convenient part-time schedules for college and high school students 18 and older interested in the position. Candidates must enjoy working with children and bring enthusiasm and energy to the team. Interested persons can apply online. (Dunedin Patch | Apply here)
- The City of Dunedin is paying tribute to its Parks and Recreation team with a new video called “We Rise Up for Parks & Recreation Month”. Hear from staff and volunteers about what inspires them to ‘stand up’ for the community and make Dunedin stronger and healthier as a whole. The video also offers a detailed look at some of the activities, facilities and programs our city offers for children, seniors and residents. Watch the video now on YouTube! (Youtube)
From our sponsor:
Hey Dunedin I wanna see only the prime day best sellers in a place? We have what you need! Click here to shop and save on TVs, Amazon appliances, clothing, kitchen essentials and more.
Daily picture of the day in Dunedin:
Thank you Rob Hubert for sharing your great photo of this double rainbow over St. Joseph’s Strait!
Want to see your Dunedin photo here? Submit it to Dunedin@Patch.com for review! Please confirm in the email that you own the rights to the photo and that Patch has permission to repost it.
Today in Dunedin:
- Ldance class at the Hale Senior Activity Center (10:30 a.m.)
- Pack-A-Snack Event at Sea Sea Riders (5:30 p.m.)
From my notebook:
- Reminder: The Summer Book Bus is back on the road and will visit the Dunedin Public Library today between 11am and noon. Get your kids to choose a free book! (City of Dunedin via Facebook)
- Did you know that the Dunedin Public Library offers over 3,000 digital magazines? They can be downloaded and read on any device 24/7 through the Dunedin Public Library. All you need is a library card! In addition to free magazines, you can download e-books and audiobooks on the Libby app. (City of Dunedin via Facebook | Libby App)
- Have you seen the new mural outside the LMB store? Artist Alyssa Marie wrote this about her experience: “I will never forget when the owner of the LMB shop in Dunedin asked for a mural of Frida Kahlo. I was extremely intimidated and very worried about whether or not I could do justice to such a profound figure in art and women’s history. I remember my heart pounding the day I put on the first coat of paint just praying I could get it off! I’m so thrilled with how she came out. She’s surrounded by roses that drop another 30 feet!” Check it out at the link or in person on Main Street! (Alyssa Marie via Facebook)
- A three-day estate sale is scheduled for July 14-16 between 9 a.m. and 2 p.m. at 2011 Water Wheel Court in Dunedin. Stop by or browse some of the items for sale online, including jewelry, furniture, clothing, home decor, and more. (Hassle-free trips assisted via Facebook| Hassle-free assisted movements)
More from our sponsors – please support the local news!
- Tarot Readings and Intuitive Consultations with Nicole! Individuals and/or Evenings! (Details)
- Add your item
Alright, you’re all caught up for today! I will join you early tomorrow morning with a new update.