HOPE — The school committee agenda for the next Hope Elementary School committee meeting is set.
The meeting will take place on Monday, September 12 at 6 p.m.
Participants can attend in person or join via livestream: https://networkmaine.zoom.us/j/89636617930
1. Call to order
2. Public Comment
3. Adjustments to the agenda
4. Signing of Warrants
5. Review of the financial report
6. Accept the minutes of the regular school community meeting of August 15
7. Reschedule January 9 due to conflict with LCS school committee meeting
9. Objectives of the school committee
a. 2021-2022 objectives (as a reminder): improve communication as well as family and community involvement in school board meetings
Get links on the city website
Look for ways to increase access to school board meetings
Ensure that the Board seeks opportunities to better understand equity, diversity and inclusion at HES.
b. Updates from the Cultural Competency Institute of Ms. Fagonde and Kate Clark
vs. Out Maine LGBTQ Staff Training Update
D. Plant and Capital Improvements
I. Review and plan for various space requirements
ii. plan and budget for multi-year facility improvements
e. Look for ways to maintain a healthy indoor environment for learning
F. Collect empirical data on indoor environmental factors
g. Have the facilities subcommittee review a protocol and possible ways to measure environmental factors.
10. Vote: Appoint the school doctor and attendance coordinator for the 2022-2023 school year
11. Superintendent’s Report
12. Principal’s Report
a. Updating facilities
13. Points for the next agenda. Date: October 17