The Montgomery International School Brussels (L’Ecole Internationale Montgomery, EIM) is a fully accredited IB school (PP – MYP – DP) in the very center of Brussels, a short walk from the European Commission, NATO and various centers of ‘business.
image copyrightMontgomery International School
Why choose EMI?
- A family atmosphere, warm and friendly, in which each child can integrate.
- EIM offers both a primary and secondary section with an IB education in an accessible and student-centered environment.
- EIM offers an English language program or a bilingual English/French program.
- Dedicated, international and experienced staff, inquiry-based teaching with an average of 12 students per class.
- A modern and equipped science laboratory and access to nearby sports centers, as well as a subscription to university libraries for research and individual studies.
- A bilingual library, complete and completely renovated.
- Regular activities and school trips throughout the year, in Belgium and abroad.
- A lively theatrical culture with performances every year in historic Brussels theatres.
- EIM is located in the heart of Brussels, close to the European Institutions and NATO, easily accessible by metro, tram or bus.
The mission of EIM
The International School Montgomery is a close-knit multicultural community that promotes the academic and personal development of students in a warm setting in the heart of the European capital.Critical thinking, engagement and initiative are the pillars of our education in the classroom, as well as in our connections with the local and global community. We are committed to educating young people to be fully responsible, respectful and involved in lifelong learning.At EIM, we provide academic rigor and personal development for students, through the structure of the IB system.
In addition to teaching science, languages, social studies and respect for multicultural values, we strive to develop all the qualities of the learner profile defined by the IB, to become: Investigators; Well informed; Thinkers; Communicators; Principles.
These are specific intellectual, cognitive and psychological/personal traits identified by the IB organization and universities as traits that enable students to achieve the highest levels of learning and academic achievement, university and beyond. These aspects are therefore woven into the fabric of the EIM curriculum to enable greater success for our students.Community and mutual support are important at EIM. Being a modestly sized school, inter-age activities strengthen the bond between students of different ages and teach them to be of service to others.
Visit the Montgomery International School Brussels website to find out more
©2022 Re:locate Magazine, published by Profile Locations, Spray Hill, Hastings Road, Lamberhurst, Kent TN3 8JB. All rights reserved. This publication (or any part of it) may not be reproduced in any form without the prior written permission of Profile Locations. Profile Locations accepts no responsibility for the accuracy of the content or opinions expressed herein.